Good morning my friends!
This morning I am joining Amanda’s Thursday Link Up! (For those not familiar with this weekly link up, it a post of random thoughts, musings and pictures.Something I enjoy participating in…a chance for me to rant and have my random thoughts be a bit “organized” in a way).
1. This week is a challenging one for sure. Between work deadlines, a baby who decides to not sleep at night and a random day of snow in the mix? I’m all over the place. The good news? Both Coffee and Running are keeping me on even keel. So far this week, my runs have been great! Even the ones on the treadmills. I’ve noticed ebbs and flows in my running weeks, and this one I’d like to have more of. I think I’m finally getting used to the idea of being flexible and adjusting to having to fit in my run any hour of the day.
2. Speaking of running, I just finished reading “The Runner’s World Big Book of Running for Beginners,” which was co-written by Bart Yasso, Jen Van Allen, and Amby Burfoot. It was sent to me for review, and I loved it, so much that I couldn’t put it down. It’s filled with encouraging and uplifting messages and is great for anyone new to running. It’s PACKED with tons of basic but helpful information and my favorite part was the injury prevention tips. Anything to help stay injury free and to have the ability to continue doing what I love, is awesome!
3. The other day at Target I randomly had a craving that I used to have when I was pregnant (no, not pregnant). So I went with it.
4. I’ve been putting together a list of things I want to do this spring. It keeps me sane through this never ending winter we are experiencing. So far, I have a pretty full race calendar. Some things on my list include, stroller runs with Stroller Warriors, frequent trips to our neighborhood frozen yogurt shop, grilling out dinners and long family walks. Any other ideas? We are open to adding them to our list.
5. Anyone else obsessed with reading about others’ race recaps? I love hearing about other runners’ races. Whenever I see a blog post title with the words, “Race Recap” I immediately, stop whatever it is I’m doing and read it. Love reading them.
6. Speaking of bloggers, I loved this post by the Real Life RD. A nutritionist who supports my “dessert everyday” habit, is a keeper for sure. Check her out, I love her philosophy on food. Not to mention, that her exciting new journey of returning back to school will be a great read!
Any favorite bloggers?
Like reading race recaps?
What’s one thing you are looking forward to doing this Spring?