Good morning my friends! I last left you with my plan to drive back to DC… 4 hours into my drive, my husband called and recommended that I stay in Florida (apparently, the snow in DC is not melting anytime soon). Luckily, I was able to stop to visit friends for the night and get a really cheap deal at a hotel. My hubby will be joining us in two days for some much needed vacation time : )
So…here I am setting up shop at the FREE breakfast bar… and since it’s Wednesday, its time for, Write it Out Wednesdays. Read all about this weekly series here.
Grab a cup of coffee and let’s get to it…Let’s Catch up!
- Yesterday, I mentioned that my Florida trip was shortened. This was as of yesterday, but as life is teaching me, my plans keep changing. To hold on to my sanity, I must practice flexibility in all areas of my life. I am trying to accept the fact that less than 24 hours ago, I was headed back to DC and now I’m staying in Florida longer than I thought. Will things ever feel stable again?
- After my unneeded attempted 4-hour car ride, I needed to move my legs. It was windy and rainy outside, so I opted for a quick three miles around the hotel. Yeah…my training plan prescribed 7 today, which obviously did not happen. Another opportunity to freak out to practice flexibility.
- After getting soaked and whipped around by the wind, I showered and got all prettied up to meet some girlfriends for dinner. They aren’t bloggers so I refrained from taking a pic of the amazing Greek dinner and glass of wine that I had. Non-bloggers just don’t understand why the camera needs to come out when the food arrives.
- I am debating whether or not I should run on the dinky hotel gym treadmill or brave the rain and wind again for today’s run….
- My next race is less than 2 weeks away and I hope I will be able to run it. I’ll just need things to be going smoothly in Florida so that I can get back to DC and be at the starting line!
Nothing fancy just yummy.
What is your current favorite snack?
How many miles are you marking today?