Good morning my friends! I hope you are doing well on this Thursday morning!
This morning I am joining Amanda’s Thursday Link Up! (For those not familiar with this weekly link up, it a post of random thoughts, musings and pictures.Something I enjoy participating in…a chance for me to rant and have my random thoughts be a bit “organized” in a way).
1. This week I am returning to the basics. I have taken out my copy of Runner’s World Big Book of Running for Beginner’s and putting together some key points for me to recommit to. I am excited for my marathon training to begin next month ( I know you’ve heard me say this before…but I really am excited), but want to make some changes before then. Some great tips from the book that I already knew, but need to be reminded of are:
- Have a recovery meal with a healthy mix of carbs and protein after a hard run. (note to self: this does not mean those cookies I packed).
- Drink fluids (beyond my
loveneed for coffee)…like water.
- Make my carbs count! Instead of gorging only on leftover Easter candy , carb load with whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat bread, etc. as well.
2. Loving the warm weather and my runs that go with it. No more treadmills…for now…
3. If you are looking for a FUN challenge. Check out The 13.FUN Half-Marathon Challenge. It’s is a 15-week training program that provides myriad support, encouragement, advice, and community to take you across the finish line of a half-marathon in mid-October. I am considering it myself…
4. How cute is this for a wedding idea??!!!
5. I need this to inform my co workers where I have been, when they ask about my absence.
6. I am considering adding this marathon to my race calendar! Anyone run this one before? It’s only $70, quite a steal for the marathon!
7. I made this 5 ingredient meatless meal from Carrots n’ Cake and it is SO good and SO cheap to make. Go make it yourself!
8. Life has been busy over here and I can’t believe we are already half way through May. Do you have any summer vacations you are looking forward to? I am hoping we make it to the beach at least once.
9. The little man is now crawling and our dog is not a fan, any one know of how to best integrate the two?
10. That’s it for me today, off to do the work thing. Have a great Thursday!
Do you have any summer vacations planned?
What’s your favorite easy, cheap and tasty meal?